Body shimmer products are all the rage right now, mainly because of the sexy glow that they give your skin as your body hits the sunlight, as if you’re an illuminated goddess. Body shimmers are often seen on the parading bodies of celebrities at the most glamorous red carpet events. Even our astonishing superstar Rihanna introduced a stunning body shimmer (dubbed body lava by herself) as a part of her Fenty Beauty collection. A product with such an exotic and sumptuous outcome can often be pricey. That’s where the magical world of DIY comes crashing in to save you some bucks yet again.
Behold, a DIY body shimmer made from inexpensive products that you, a devoted beauty enthusiast who’s eager to save money, have laying around in your home. Body shimmers are almost essential for the tank top days out in the sun, sun bathing your soul away by the pool, or the beach days that you’ve longed for all year long. Gather these ingredients, followed by some inexpensive tools for your very own body shimmer.
Tools & ingredients you’ll need:
- Dropper bottle, spray bottle or normal cap bottle
- Bottle funnel to add the ingredients in
- Silver or gold shimmer eyeshadow
- Sunflower oil
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Take the top off of your bottle and insert the funnel.
- Measure 1 ounce of sunflower oil or any other type of oil, lotion, sunscreen, it’s up to you! I do suggest that you use a normal squeeze cap bottle if you’re making a shimmer lotion.
- Measure 1/2 teaspoon of your silver or gold shimmery eyeshadow.
- Add ingredients into funnel, then remove funnel.
- Pop back on the top to your bottle and shake the bottle until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add a quarter-sized amount to your legs, arms or chest and enjoy the glow of your sexy DIY body shimmer!